Who was Qasem Soleimani, Iran’s Revolutionary Guards leader?
Many do not know what exactly happened because they do not know who Suleiman was. This is going to be one of the biggest military hits of this decade.
– Soleimani was commanding the Quds Force and IRGC for the last 20 years.
– He was not just an ordinary general but the chief architect of Iranian Military strategy.
– He managed to expand the Iranian influence in several countries including Lebanon, Syria, Iraq.
– The brain who was managing not only military operations but political warfare, psychological ops, financial issues in one-line whole Iranian foreign policy in the Middle East.
– Qasem Soleimani was the guy who was commanding the operations from the ground in Iraq and Syria and for that he also was handling the operations including recruitment, training, funding, Transporting fighters from Hazara Shia’s of Afghanistan under Fatimiyyoun Brigade and Pakistani Shias under Zaynabiyyoun Brigade.
– He Established and strengthened Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Forces), an Iran-backed Shia paramilitary unit in Iraq, whose deputy head (PMF), Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis has been killed in the airstrike as well.
-He was the bridge that was connecting all the Iranian proxies and political factions in the Middle East.
It is like killing CIA or ISI chief. This is going to disturb Iranian operations not only in Iraq but in Lebanon and Syria as well, But meanwhile, this is going to help Iran in domestic politics, going to favor the revolutionaries in the next elections.
– At the moment Iran backed proxies are not in a position to hit any big targets. But several regional countries, including Israel, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, and UAE are on high alert & have started taking defensive measures against possible retaliation after the killing Iran’s General Soleimani in a US air raid at Baghdad airport.
Pakistan must boost up the security of US Consulates & Embassy. Pakistan must remain neutral and Intelligence must closely monitor activities of Pro-Iranian elements in Pakistan. Let us not bring someone else war inside Pakistan. But Pakistan must stand against the US design to destabilize Iran.
About Author: Talha Ahmad is a Freelance Journalist. He is an independent Geo-Political Analyst, commentator, and keen observer of International relations. Talha Ahmad’s opinions have been featured in different News-websites like Daily times, Pakistan Today, Global Village Space, Morning Mail. He can be reached on Twitter @talhahamad967.
Note: The views expressed in this article are the author’s own and do not necessarily reflect the editorial policy of the Pakistan Strategic Forum.