Since Pakistan has released new “Political Map”. Pakistan has maintained its principled position on self-determination for Kashmiris while strengthening Pakistan’s claim over all parts of the State of Jammu and Kashmir. Moreover, Pakistan has again raised the matter of disputed states of Junagadh and Manavadar currently forcefully occupied by India.
Key Features of “Updated Political Map of Pakistan” are as follows:
- Pakistan has now extended its international border eastwards along the border between IIOJK (Illegally Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir) and India. It leaves the LAC (Line of Actual Contact) as undefined territory subject to the settlement of the Kashmir dispute under UN resolutions.
- Pakistan has formally extended the LOC to Karakoram Pass as per Pakistan’s stance under the “Karachi Agreement” and “Working Boundary” is shown to demonstrate territory where India is illegally occupying territory.
- Pakistan has also maintained and now represented it’s principled position on Sir Creek according to “Sindh Government” agreement with the “State of Kutch” in 1914 demarcating the boundary on the Eastern Bank of the Sir Creek securing our claim on all the waters of the creek and EEZ.
- Pakistan has formally shown the boundary between Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Jammu & Kashmir leaving eastern borders open, which will be finalized on the settlement of the Kashmir dispute under UN resolutions.
- Pakistan’s claim on Junagadh and Manavadar has once again been reinforced. Both territories were illegally occupied by India during partition in 1947.
Important Note: “Keep in mind both Pakistan & China are on same page & Pakistan consulted with its most important “Strategic Partner” before updating the “Map”. Pakistan has always preferred talks & has invited India numerous times for talks because Pakistan believes in peaceful resolution of Kashmir”.
Author: Hassan Akbar ( This post was originally written by Hassan Akbar. Team PSF did minor changes).
Follow us on Twitter: @ForumStrategic
Follow us on Instagram: strategic_pak
Follow us on Reddit: r/PakStrategic
Long Live Pakistan