Yesterday Pakistan Army inducted first batch of Al-Khalid-1 MBT. Sources suggest that 44 tanks have been delivered. Total 110 AK-1 will be produced.
AK-1 is upgraded variant/version of Al-Khalid MBT. AK-1 is 3rd Generation MBT & can take on any MBT currently in service with Indian Military.
Modifications incorporated in AK-1
- Upgraded Fire Control System (FCS).
- 3rd Generation Infrared Sensor by SAGEM.
- Increased Ammunition Storage from 39 rounds to 49 rounds.
- Enlarged carousel of Auto Loading System, allowing new Generation of Kinetic and shape charge anti-tank rounds.
- Increased rate of firing: 9 rounds per minute.
- Target identification range has been increased up to 7 km.
- Range of engagement has been increased up to 3.5 km.
- Digitally controlled FPGA based solid-state auto-loader with bidirectional tray movement and ammo availability info on screen, info on empty and full trays and types of available rounds.
- Digital driver panel has been provided.
- Newer more advanced laser detection system has been installed.
- Desert camouflage & IR resistant paint is used which will make AK-1 less visible in enemy’s IR sight.
Follow us on Twitter: @ForumStrategic
Follow us on Instagram: strategic_pak
Follow us on Reddit: r/PakStrategic