The F-15QA (Qatar Advanced). It is a variant specially designed for Qatar Air Force. It is believed to be more advance than F-15SA (Saudi Advanced) & F-15X/EX.
On 14 June 2017, it was announced that Qatar has signed a deal to purchase 36 F-15-QAs for a cost of US$12 billion (Cost Estimation Varies).
Main Features of F-15QA are as Follows
F-15QA’s HUD (Heads Up Display)
As per Boeing F-15QA has “Low Profile HUD”, but basically, it is just a derivative of “LiteHUD”.
F-15QA’s HUD has less weight & it is very compact (Takes Less Space) than traditional/legacy HUDs. Furthermore, it has “High Resolution Imagery” than current existing models/variants. This HUD is cost effective & is very effective solution.
Radar of F-15QA
- F-15QA uses Raytheon AN/APG-63(V)3 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Radar.
- F-15QA will have newly Designed Eagle Passive/Active Warning Survivability System (EPAWSS).
- New “fly-by-wire” Flight Control System.
- Digital Electronic Warfare Suite.
- “2” General Electric GE F-110-129 Engines.
- Better Internal Wing Structure (F-15QA can carry “16-22 Approx.” AMRAAMSs “AIM-120C/D” in A-A Configuration).
- The new Cockpit Design (Large Area Display Cockpit with Touch Screen made by Elbit Systems).
- More use of Composite Materials (Yellow Area can be easily Seen in Picture).